Power of Phosphatidylcholine
- A phospholipid called phosphatidylcholine (PC). Given its role in cellular functioning, it’s no exaggeration to say that without the presence of phosphatidylcholine, life as we know it could not exist. In fact, research shows that ingesting high concentrations of quality PC provides enormous health benefits in terms liver, cardiovascular, kidney, lung, gastrointestinal (GI), neurologic, and skin function.
Phosphatidylcholine (INCI Lecithin) is usually the most abundant phospholipid in animals and plants, often amounting to almost 50% of the total, and as such it is obviously a key building block of membrane bilayers
Mother Nature as model
- Phosphatidylcholine shows many effects on and in the skin. Further it is able to transport cosmetic and dermatological actives into the skin and to distribute them well in the horny layer.
- Effects on and in the skin
- Smoothing of the skin
- Increase of skin humidity
- Skin protection
- Prevention of cornification and barrier disorders
- Conditioning of skin and hair
- Support of skin regeneration and Anti Ageing